Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Hello! Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate it, and happy holidays to those who don't! I have a TON of photos to share with you today, as well as my homemade hot chocolate recipe.

Well, a few days ago, I was wrapping several gifts for my teachers. Here are the before and after pics:


A jumbled up mess...


 Ta-da! Nine beautifully wrapped gifts!
And here's PomPom and I with twin Santa hats.


 
In this photo, PomPom is taking the spotlight.

 
PomPom is in time-out for stealing the hot chocolate. Think over what you have done PomPom. ;-)
 
 
I just couldn't believe how many presents we had this year! Don't get me wrong, I love presents, but it looks like there are twice as many presents as last year.
 

Isn't it such a gorgeous tree?

Now for my homemade hot chocolate recipe:
First, pour some milk into a mug. There really isn't a concrete measurement - pour how much you think you are going to be drinking afterwards.


Next, find your chocolate. These are 4 pieces of Hershey's milk chocolate from my left-over Halloween candy. Keep them in a separate bowl.


Using your hands (be sure to wash them beforehand) break the chocolate into small pieces. The smaller pieces will be easier to melt once we put them in the microwave.

 
Speaking of microwaves, the next step is to put the bowl of chocolate into the microwave. Warm it for about 1 minute. You may want to do three 20-second intervals to monitor its melting process.
Heat the mug of milk in the microwave for 1 minute as well. (I learned this the hard way - I put the chocolate in before heating the milk, and it actually cooled and hardened at the bottom!)
 
Spoon the melted chocolate into the mug of milk and stir. It looks strange at first, but keep stirring until the chocolate particles rise to the surface.
 

Voila! Your finished hot chocolate. Delicious, rich, sweet, comforting, soothing, and decadent. I hope you liked this tutorial (it was my first).

Lanna


No comments:

Post a Comment